The Students in Health and Medical Research Conference (SHMRC) is an annual evening research symposium for students from The University of Western Australia (UWA) Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences. Now in its 12th year, SHMRC has established itself as the highlight event on the WAMSS academic programme, and has developed into a world-class research conference bringing together clinicians, researchers, fellow students and the WA health community for the presentation and recognition of some of the inspiring research undertaken by UWA students.
SHMRC aims to:
- Provide a forum for the presentation and discussion of health and medical research by UWA Health and Medical Science Students
- Promote the valuable contribution of students to the state, national and international medical research community
- Allow students an opportunity to present and be rewarded for their research work
- Develop a strong, collaborative research culture in the future health professionals of Western Australia
- Provide students and delegates with the opportunity to attend a high-profile research conference and gain exposure to the research community
- Encourage interest in research amongst students
SHMRC is proudly supported by Winthrop Professor Fiona Wood as its patron. Other distinguished guests and judges at past years’ events included nationally and globally renowned medical researchers and clinicians, including Professor David A. Mackey, Professor Sean Hood, Professor Fiona Lake, Professor Neil Boudville and Professor Christobel Saunders.
For more information, please visit:
Email [email protected]