Help; I Need Time Off

If you need time off, you will need to apply for it through the appropriate channels.

Short Leave (<2 days):

If you wish to take two days or less short leave, notify your unit coordinator for approval.

If approved, notify your clinical teachers and make arrangements with them to catch up on any missed work or assessments during your leave.

Long leave (>2 days):

If you wish to take more than two days of leave, phone 6488 8500 to make an appointment with the Associate Dean (Student Affairs) to discuss this leave and seek approval.
At the meeting you will need to provide:

  • Your clerkship rotation (if applicable)
  • Dates you will be away
  • Detailed reason for absence
  • Any assessments that you are aware of that may be affected by your leave
  • Whether you have discussed your absence with your unit coordinators.

You will get an indication at the meeting that the leave will be approved (or otherwise) and then receive formal written notification that the leave is approved via the Student Affairs office.

Time off for religious reasons:

If you know that you can't go to class or sit an assessment on particular dates;

  1. Let your unit coordinator know
  2. Liaise with the Manager (Student Affairs) as soon as possible to sort out how things can be juggled for you.