Help; I Have No Money

What to do if you find yourself stuck in a crack in the ground underneath a giant boulder you can’t move with no hope of rescue due to a lack of funds?


The Faculty has a number of student loans and bursaries on offer to help those in danger of being unable to complete their degree due to a lack of funds. Note that these are really only available to help pay for books, equipment, rent, gas or electricity, medical or dental and general living expenses.

To apply, contact the Manager (Student Affairs) to discuss a potential bursary or loan application.


You may be eligible for certain government grants depending on your living and social circumstances such as Youth Allowance or ABSTUDY. For further information, visit

UWA has also written a useful ‘Guide to Dealing with Centrelink’, see here:

UWA Student Assist

The Guild provides a number of financial supports - emergency loans, loans of up to $1000, grants are available as well as financial services. For more information, visit

UWA Housing and Financial Aid Services

A free and confidential service for students enrolled at the University. Help students who are looking for finance to meet education-related expenses or for emergencies and unforeseen circumstances.